Orthopedic Treatments and Procedures
At StoneSprings Orthopedics, our surgeon and staff are recognized experts in their specialized areas of orthopedic care, and can successfully treat both common and complex issues. Every patient receives an individualized assessment and treatment plan as part of our commitment to provide world-class service.
Our team offers quality, compassionate treatment for all orthopedic conditions affecting all areas of the body, including but not limited to compassionate treatment for arthritis, sports injuries, deformities, fractures, and trauma.
Our Treatment Philosophy
- Individualized, compassionate care for every patient
- Multidisciplinary, conservative management of care
- Less-invasive, muscle-sparing surgical techniques
- Opioid-sparing approach to pain management
As a former collegiate varsity basketball player at MIT himself, sports medicine and comprehensive medical care of athletes are particular areas of interest and importance to Dr. Kandil. While at the University of Virginia, Dr. Kandil cared for collegiate athletes and also served as a team physician for the Blue Ridge Academy and William Monroe High School football teams. At Stanford, he served as an assistant team physician for the Stanford University Varsity Football team and throughout his training has cared for collegiate, NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL professional athletes.
- Professional care for athletes of all ages and abilities with sports-related injuries
- Concussion management
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery
Orthopedic Surgical Care
Open Shoulder Surgery
- Latarjet Procedure
- Shoulder Separation Reconstruction
- Distal Clavicle Resection
- Pectoralis Tendon Repair
- Meniscus Surgery including Meniscus Repair, Partial Meniscectomy, and Meniscus Transplant.
- ACL Reconstruction including primary revision adult ACL surgery and pediatric ACL surgery.
- PCL/LCL/MCL Procedures
- Cartilage Repair & Reconstruction
- Quadriceps / Patellar Tendon Repair
Robotic Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Wrist arthroscopy / TFCC debridement
- Mini-open Carpal Tunnel Release
- Trigger Finger Release
- Distal Radius Fracture
- Scaphoid Fracture
- Dorsal Ganglion Cyst Excision
We perform routine casting and splinting of fractures, as well as advanced care when further treatment is required.
- Shoulder fractures
- Elbow fractures
- Wrist fractures
- Hip fractures
- Knee fractures
- Ankle fractures